Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

awww shucks

I called my pastor's house today to see if I could take his oldest daughter out for dinner. She's in seventh grade, and I know that she looks up to me. I know that being a teen was sometimes tough for me, and I want her to know that she can always talk to me about anything that she may feel uncomfortable about talking to her parents about. I thought it was almost set, when her dad got home and vetoed the idea because she's too young. Which, well, yea, I see his point. In fact, if I had a kid, I probably wouldn't let her go out at seventh grade either. But I'm a little disappointed nonetheless. I was looking forward to eating out with her.

I'll talk to her dad this Sunday at church. Truthfully it will probably be awhile. But nonetheless it's fair that he knows a little more about me.

3 Comments:

  • 12 is too young for a date but I don't think it's too young to go out with a fellow member of the church. Especially if he knows you.

    By Blogger Lindsey, At December 28, 2005 6:12 PM  

  • Honestly, Linny, I was a little stumped too. I agree... 12 is too young for a date and probably too young to go to the mall (alone) with your friends or something like that. I figured that he would be a little more flexible, though, taking into account my age and that he knows me. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll see them all at church Sunday, and hopefully I will be able to speak to Dad then. Maybe tell him that my intentions are honest?? :) But seriously, maybe I can talk to him and that will convince him.

    By Blogger Tidy Bowl, At December 28, 2005 6:16 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger crallspace, At December 29, 2005 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home