Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

home sweet home

Many people are shocked that Californians are reluctant to leave their homes, but I’m not. It’s just the same every year when there is a hurricane and many Floridians are reluctant to evacuate. I’m not surprised. We’re kind of the same here in the Midwest. We hear the siren go off, indicating a tornado warning, but then we look outside and judge for ourselves before deciding if we REALLY need to seek shelter in the basement. After all, I was born here and I grew up here, and I’ve lived through dozens, maybe hundreds of sirens without suffering significant damage to my home. I would run from a hurricane or fire – but that’s just because I’m not accustomed to it. A Floridian may be scared of a tornado, but not of a hurricane. A Californian may have lived through dozens of brush fires before – why start running now? I get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home