Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

birthday? no birthday? free pizza!

Minsky's is a popular Kansas City pizza joint. A couple of weeks ago, I got a card from Minsky's wishing me a happy birthday, and inviting me to bring in the enclosed certificate for a free pizza and drink. I was thrilled - especially because my birthday is not for another six months!

Well, I took advantage of that free pizza for lunch today, and I certainly had a fascinating lunch. Everyone was wishing me a happy birthday, including the other patrons. One lady asked me when my birthday was, to which I cleared my throat and replied, "The fifth". (no need to specify which month, right?) I enjoyed the pizza, and breathed a great sigh of relief when the employees did NOT circle my table to sing one of those cheesy songs - you know "happy happy birthday, yay" with all the hand clapping and other nonsense.

I can also say I was extremely pleased by the experience - not just the free pizza, but the overall aura of the restaurant. My family used to avoid Minsky's because it had such a reputation as a bar and a drinking establishment. I hadn't been there in a long time, but after my visit today, I can certainly tell you that the restaurant has changed dramatically. The only drinks they serve now are Coke products, along with pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and breadsticks. Even though I was by myself, I had a fantastic experience. It was a relaxing lunch, and a great time for me to just relax, read a book, and enjoy myself. Cheers to Minsky's for making these changes! In fact, I will probably return again soon. They are in a great location, and now I know that Minsky's is a great restaurant to visit when I want a relaxing lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home