Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

power outage

Yesterday we had a massive power outage. I guess it wasn't too widespread, but it was massive in the sense that it lasted a long, long time! It definitely changed my plans for the day. With no power, our internet didn't work - that new router depends on electrical power. Beyond that, I had no television, no radio... basically there was nothing for me to do! I couldn't even use the microwave. So I went to the library in the morning, which was entertaining enough. I browsed the books and spent time doing internet work on their computers. Then on my way home, I got lunch at a McDonald's.

I returned home to discover that the power was still out, so I left again and went to Walmart to run a few more errands. I browsed and browsed and browsed, and when I finally got home from Walmart we had electricity again - plus all the good stuff that goes with it. It's amazing how much we have come to depend on reliable electricity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home