Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2007

the politician's apology

The modern apology is really quite amusing. Nowadays, it’s so much more than just a simple “I’m sorry”, as evidenced by this story. There’s an art to apologizing without really apologizing. There’s the “I’ve found Jesus” apology. There’s the talk show apology. (what better place to apologize than in front of millions of people?) There’s outright denial – a skill which Larry Craig has turned into a science. And of course, there is the non-apology apology – “Mistakes were made… I am sorry for my tone of voice…” It’s really kind of pitiful! Makes me glad I’m not a politician – those people have to dig such shallow graves for themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home