Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2005

blessings all around!

Where to begin? I did get to take a day off last Tuesday, and I got to see a movie with my mom. Cinderella Man. Great movie!

Since then, I've worked each day, but it's been good! On Wednesday I got my schedule for this week - and it's fantastic! Absolutely awesome hours, and lots of them.

I also got my paycheck. Likewise, that was fantastic! It was the best paycheck I've ever received - possibly the best I ever will receive! It feels so good to receive good rewards.

On Wednesday night, I told one of the managers (one whom I trust) about a quandry I had at work: I had seen one of the other managers, and also a few associates, drinking and smoking at the restaurant after-hours. It concerned me because they all left the restaurant drunk - in other words, drinking and driving. I learned, however, that the corporation has a no drugs/no alcohol policy inside its stores. It was a relief to get that off my chest. Also, she promised that my name would not be associated with the incident - in other words, the offending manager would never find out who "tattled".

Today, the general manager asked to speak with me, and I told him what I saw. He proved what an awesome manager he is - he became unbelievably upset about it. Later in the afternoon, he called that manager in and conferenced with her for over a half hour. When she left, her eyes were very red - it was obvious she had been crying for quite some time. She was suspended for one week and given 30 days to "change her behavior". As bad as I feel about all this happening, she is reaping what she sowed.

Finally, speaking of a great schedule - I get to go to church on Sunday! You have no idea how happy this makes me! I actually have to work from 8-10 am, but then I'm off until 1:00, which gives me plenty of time to go to church! I am so, so happy about this! For one thing, I can give my tithe, to exactly the organization I want it to go to. For another thing, I can see a lot of my old friends again!

Oh, and I can't forget - I'm off on Saturday and Wednesday. That means that I'll get to call a few friends tomorrow (yay!). I think I'll call Princessa and see if I can go swimming with her. I wonder if I have a swimsuit that fits! Oh well... if I don't I'll just run to Walmart in the morning and buy one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home