Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Friday, July 01, 2005

it's been a week and i forgot to blog!

OK, wow, so much seems to have happened this week. Where to begin, where to begin...

Work is great still. Another girl started who drives me bananas but I am just putting up with her as best as I know how.

I had a little "incident" with my car this week. I sort of drove off the road. And, um, down an embankment. Miraculously I didn't hit any other cars, and I didn't get a ticket! However my car drove out of the incident somewhat worse for the wear. I had to take it to the repair shop, where I had $650 worth of work done. It needed a new oil pan and, while I was at it, a new oil change, and the front and rear tires needed aligned. Also the mechanics said the transmission fluid needed replaced (but that was unrelated to the incident).

I worked my rear off last weekend and maxed out on my hours for the week, so I expected to have Tuesday and Wednesday off entirely (no risk of going in because they'd have to pay overtime). And then, there was an incident at that restaurant (ask me more and I will go into it on a future blog) and they called me in AND agreed to pay me overtime on Wednesday! I worked for 7 hours at time and a half!

Finally tonight's adventures... After I ate dinner and such, I put Miami (the hamster) in her exercise ball so she could run around a bit. Less than an hour later, I realized I hadn't heard her for awhile, so I got up to look for her. I turned the light on in a bathroom, and behind the toilet I discovered the exercise ball, with the top missing. I called my mom and dad, and we turned off all the tv's and listened for some noise of the hamster in the house. We got flashlights, crawled around on our hands and knees, and looked everywhere.

We were just about ready to give up and set a hamster trap for the night when I decided to look in my sister's room one more time. I looked over my sister's bed, and there was Miami, underneath the window and next to the vent, cleaning herself. I motioned silently to my dad, who came inside the bedroom and closed the door. I bent down to pick her up, but she was off like a shot, running in the other direction.

This continued for a few minutes. She was hard to catch! Finally she crawled behind a giant Tupperware container. With my father's help, I was able to corner her and pick her up at last. She was a little squirmy, probably because she was scared! She had a real adventure tonight!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home