Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

what a day

It's been a crazy day. I woke up and ate breakfast, and afterwards I felt kind of nauseous. Just didn't sit well. My mom told me to call my teacher and tell her I would be a couple of hours late. Instead, my teacher told me to play it safe and stay home. I went back to bed, and I slept hard until about 12:30. When I woke up, I felt as good as new, which made me feel really bad about missing school. My mom told me later, though, that something similar was going around her school, a virus that makes you feel nauseous for a few hours but then you feel fine. That makes me feel better.

I'm giving up on Linda now. Not really giving up - I mean, I will never give up on her. But my life goes on. Without her. Which is sad, since we used to be such good friends. But she's not a part of my life anymore. I have other friends now, other people who mean so much to me.

And, honestly, those friendships have proved to be so much better than my friendship with Linda ever was. Bunnyservant and I have been through so much together, and we've stood by each other through all of our hard times. And S is older, and so much more mature. Princessa, too. They all know what it means to be a friend. I'm not afraid that any of them are going to quit speaking to me.

It's rough, getting back into the routine of school. I won't see my friends nearly as much. Bunnyservant and I are both swamped with school stuff. Plus I have officially started the job hunt - I applied at Walmart today. I can't wait to graduate, hopefully even move into a place of my own, but oh boy, I've got a lot between now and then.

I'm shocked and amazed as I watch the coverage of Hurricane Katrina today. Already they have confirmed 11 dead in Florida, 2 in Alabama, and over 100 in Mississippi, but the Mississippi number is expected to triple, and they haven't even been able to estimate the number killed in Louisiana. Wow. That is far worse than even Hurricane Camille, back in 1969. It is sobering, to say the least. I can't imagine living through that.

1 Comments:

  • Why wouldn't your mother want you to have contact with your cousin? Who will show her that Christians give love without getting love? Who will be there to remind her that Christians are different? If you just "ignore" her because she's a heathen, she won't see God's love through ANYBODY. Who will guide her back again when she's ready?... I hope the answer is NOT "no one". Judging is for God, not us.

    By Blogger BunnyServant, At September 01, 2005 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home