Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2005

deeply saddened

Wow. This has been a really weird day.

Most of you know about my cousin, Linda. For those who don't, or who don't remember, I will update you: Linda is my age, and we have been friends our entire lives. Since we were about five months old, I believe. We look alike and act alike (I wish I could put a photo up here on the computer but I don't have a scanner!). At least we used to act alike. Through high school and college we talked all the time. Every day, usually more than once a day. We were the best of friends. We talked about everything, from the mundane to our hopes, our dreams, and what we wanted in life.

Eighteen months ago, her friends introduced her to a friend of theirs. A guy. They started dating, but he was no good for her. He is not a Christian. After I met him nine months ago, Linda quit speaking to me entirely. I'm afraid that he will begin physically abusing her. He's almost certainly abusing her emotionally right now. If I email her, I can get a two- to three-sentence response. I'm not afraid to use her name here, because, well, I'm not sure why. I guess I just know that she needs prayer.

I found out (today) that she is getting married (tonight). I guess I'm kind of happy, in the sense that, at least they're not just living together anymore. Now she will have legal rights and stuff. But the wedding makes it so... final. Permanent. It will be nothing like the wedding she used to dream of. Not even close. And she's settling for so much less than she deserves. She could have so much more, be so much happier. God has such great plans for her, if she will only accept them! She has no idea how many hearts she has broken because of what she has chosen. Mine, her parents', her aunts, uncles, cousins - least of all God's!

We used to be best friends. We talked about our weddings. We even talked about having a double wedding, and if we couldn't do that, then we were going to be each other's maids of honor! Now she's getting married, to exactly the type of guy she once swore she would never even date, and she hasn't even told me about the wedding. I had to find out about it from my mother, through my aunt. That hurts. A lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home