Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Interesting afternoon

This afternoon, I did some yard work for my parents. I raked the sweet-gum balls in our yard. They look like this:

Our neighbor has a sweet-gum tree that drops sweet-gum balls into our yard. At any given time, we might have somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,000 sweet-gum balls in our yard. They're a real mess! They're nearly impossible to mow over and very difficult to pick up. My parents and I have discovered that we can be semi-successful if we rake the sweet-gum balls into small piles, and then use a snow shovel to scoop the piles into lawn refuse bags.

I got ogled while I was raking, which was really odd. Now I'll admit, I wasn't wearing what I would normally wear in public. It was a really nice day out today - sunny and in the upper 70s - so I was wearing a pair of exercise shorts and a spaghetti-strap tank top. I felt comfortable in this, because our neighborhood is a quiet neighborhood, mostly filled with older, retired people. This middle-aged guy in a red truck (a giant red truck - I think it was an F-150) drove past the house, and as he drove past, he slowed down and rolled his window down. I looked up at him, and he was looking directly at me. He waved at me, and he kept looking at me. It was very weird.

Tonight my mom made chocolate chip cookies again. They're yummy!

I keep thinking about going overseas. As scary as it sounds, it also sounds irressistable. I hope and pray that it works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home