Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Friday, November 02, 2007

what a week... i've been "net"-less

What a world I live in!

On monday, my DSL started acting fickle. Then it quit working at all. So I've spent most of my week with no internet! It's pretty sad... I have no life outside this internet.

Anyway, my superhero daddy saved the day. We had to replace the router, and luckily he had another router laying around for us to use. So now the 'net is back up and running, and hopefully we won't have any more problems.

On the amusing side, I did get to talk to at least two or three help-desk people in India during my quest to get the internet back. Those kinds of technical support people are fairly amusing and annoying, all at once. They were absolutely no help, whatsoever, and it was very obvious that they were reading from a script. Plus they kept thanking me... like I said, it got annoying. A conversation would be something like this:

Tech Support: Thank You for chooosing AT&T SBC Global Yahoo DSL! How can I help you?

Me: My internet's not working. I've already rebooted our router and our DSL modem, so I'm fairly certain that the problem is not on our end. I would like it fixed, pleased.

TS: Oh, yes ma'am. Thank you for choosing AT&T SBC Global Yahoo DSL! What is the number associated with the DSL line?

Me: 816-555-1235

TS: Thank you ma'am. Let me test your line. Thank you for choosing AT&T SBC Global Yahoo DSL!

(long pause while he tests my line)

TS: Ohhhhh, ok ma'am, I need you to look for the box that is connected to the outbound network jack and to your router. It will probably have several jacks for plugging in your computers.

Me: You mean the DSL modem?

TS: Yes ma'am, the DSL modem. Now I want you to find the power jack, and unplug that.

Me: I already rebooted the DSL modem. It didn't fix the internet.

TS: Ohhhh ok. Well then I need you to find your router. It is probably near the DSL modem and looks like a small box with lots of network jacks in it. You need to find the power jack on that and reboot it.

Me: I already rebooted the router. It didn't fix the internet.

TS: Ohhhh ok. Well then I am sorry, ma'am, but according to our computers, the problem with your internet is within your own network. Thank you for choosing AT&T SBC Global Yahoo. Have a nice day. *click*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home