Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2005

my Isaac

I was driving to Bunnyservant's house tonight when I heard this song on the radio - I can't really explain it, but here are the lyrics:

Wake up little Isaac
Rub your tired eyes
Go and kiss your mama
We'll be gone a little while
Come and walk beside me
Come and hold your papa's hand
I go to make an altar
And to offer up my lamb

I waited on the Lord
And in a waking dream He came
Riding on a wind across the sand
He spoke my name
"Here I am," I whispered
And I waited in the dark
The answer was a sword
That came down hard upon my heart

Chorous:
Holy is the Lord
Holy is the Lord
And the Lord I will obey
Lord, help me I don't know the way

So take me to the mountain
I will follow where You lead
There I'll lay the body
Of the boy You gave to me
And even though You take him
Still I ever will obey
But Maker of this mountain, pleaseMake another way

It's called "Holy is the Lord" by Andrew Peterson. Amazing lyrics. Well, I heard that and I was thinking about what amazing faith Abraham must have had, to take the child he had waited so long for, the child God had given to him, and offer that child to God as a sacrifice. My thoughts turned to my own desire to have a faith like Abraham's.

From there, I began to wonder, what is my own "Isaac"? What is the gift that God has given me, that I might struggle to give back to him? Hands down, without question, that has to be my sanity, and my pills. Those of you who know me well will know what I mean by that. God saved my life, and I can never thank him enough - but it is sometimes difficult to remember that I am here because of God, and God is the one who holds my life in his hands.

So, to all of you out there who read this, I encourage you to consider this: What is your "Isaac"? What is your gift from God, that you value so much you may struggle to place it back in God's hands? Reply to this post, if you're comfortable. I'd love to hear from you.

On a completely unrelated note: My allergies have started to drive me nuts. I know this is a bad year for pollen and mold, but I am so miserable it's unbelievable. I am desperately praying that it doesn't get any worse (and hopefully gets better!). I'm a little red-nose now. Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home