Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Memorial Day... honoring those who give us freedom

What is there to say tonight? I had a great day at work. It was pretty quiet, since it's memorial day. My mind is full of disconnected thoughts tonight.

I'm watching Nightline's airing of all the names of the 900 or so soldiers who have given their lives defending freedom in Iraq and Afghanistan in the past year. They are 900 of the most noble people who have lived or will live in this century. 900 truly amazing men and women, who believed so strongly in the gift of Freedom that we, as Americans, can now give to our Middle Eastern sisters and brothers. Many of us are relatively unaware of the war - we pay no taxes, we purchase no victory bonds, we have no victory gardens. Yet we would be truly selfish and entirely foolish to ignore the sacrifice that these men and women are making on our behalf.

I was thinking tonight about martial arts. Maybe I will try that someday - you know... like, after I lose 20 lbs, and after I earn enough money at Fazolis to get my master's degree, and after I actually earn that master's degree, and oh yea, did I mention I should probably graduate and get a job somewhere in there? I'll just add that to my to do list! Gee whiz... I have SO got to slow down someday. Except, that's just not my style! I don't think I'm gonna stop until I've got a doctorate and a pension plan! (and a husband wouldn't hurt, either!)

I'm really enjoying getting to know the people at work. There's a really sweet Latino girl, and another sweet (white) girl, both of whom have worked there for a long time, are both really helpful, and a lot of fun to work with! They mostly work mostly front cash, or sometimes the dining room. Really awesome people. And others, too - an Italian guy (at least his name's italian!) who can work just about anywhere in the restaurant, and a really nice middle aged gentleman who works in the dining room, a couple of friendly dishwashers, and probably some others who I'm forgetting! I never imagined a food service job could be so good! And I have yet to meet a manager I entirely dislike. I think some of the managers are better in certain areas than in others, but overall, I'd say that none of them is really "bad". Honestly, I think they're all pretty good at what they do! It's such a great restaurant, and a great place to work!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home