Tidy Bowl Has No Idea What to Name Her Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I am, I am! (totally nuts!)

So I was supposed to work from 11 to 4 today. I got there a little early (about 10:30), and wound up clocking in right away. I was supposed to be in the dining room, but I wound up with a drive thru headset on me. So I was working drive thru all day, and it was CRAZY!!!! Today was the last day of school for the local school district, so we had a ton of rude high school customers today. A TON!!! To top that off, we had a pretty good number of rude grown up customers, too!!! Anyway, they asked me to stay, so I wound up not getting off until 9:30. That's a long time on the feet.

News flash to everyone out there who reads this: (okay... so it's just BunnyServant and my sister)... Working in a fast food restaurant is hard work, and working on one of those drive thru radios is tough. You know what a hard time you have hearing us? Well, we have an even harder time hearing you, because of all the background noise in the kitchen. All you people out there talk REALLY FAST and MUMBLE, none of which help me. I need you to talk slowly, loud and clear. But please don't yell - I have had customers become irate and scream at me, and I can't hear that either. Just talk loud and clear, and it helps me SO MUCH!!!

Seriously, though, the job is going pretty well. I get annoyed sometimes by some customers and some of my coworkers, but I really feel good about this job. I hope it continues to go this well.

1 Comments:

  • Try a trick I learned.. "I'm sorry, I should have been able to hear what you say, but I didn't quite catch it, could you please say it again? I do apologize." or.. "I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure if I heard you right, did you say... ?" That helps me in my job, but it may be different in a drive thru. Also, you might be surprised at how quickly you can win over the irate (regular) customers. Just treat them with extra kindness when they come through the drive thru. Sooner or later, they have nothing to be mad at anymore and lighten up.

    By Blogger BunnyServant, At May 24, 2005 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home